News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Eight new entries in the Update Catalog – appear to be metadata changes

Home Forums AskWoody blog Eight new entries in the Update Catalog – appear to be metadata changes

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        woody
        Da Boss

On the 17th, Microsoft re-released eight patches in the Update Catalog. They cover Win10 1803, 1709, and Server 2016. As best I can tell, there have b
        [See the full post at: Eight new entries in the Update Catalog – appear to be metadata changes]

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #204238 Reply
        witp
        AskWoody Lounger

[…] foolish inconsistency

This should be ‘umbrella name’ for all MS patching business of last months.

• #204243 Reply
        Geo
        AskWoody Lounger

I`m sticking to Win 7 to the bitter end.  With all these Win1o patches.  Soon they will  have to call it Win 10 daily patch.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #204376 Reply
          ryegrass
          AskWoody Plus

I couldn’t agree more. I stopped patching Windows 7 in Dec 2017 and am relying on hardware, and software solutions for intrusion detection and prevention. I’m probably in the minority, but right now I think Windows 10 is the bigger threat.

• #204351 Reply
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

New:

2018-07 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 (KB4338821)
        2018-07 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 8.1 (KB4338831)
        2018-07 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012 (KB4338816)

Monday OOB updates to fix tcpip.sys seems included (KB4345459, KB4345424)

• #204373 Reply
          anonymous

The issues in 4338818 (July Monthly Quality (haha) Rollup) are said to be fixed with KB4338821.

~ Annemarie

• #204399 Reply
        anonymous

MS also updated a lot of other updates yesterday: see https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4338818 for example. https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=2018-07 and toggle with latest update.

~ Annemarie

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Eight new entries in the Update Catalog – appear to be metadata changes

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.