News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Email From Google

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        BobbyS
        AskWoody Plus

I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum, but honestly I have searched for the “right” place and can’t fine one that seems suitable.  Tell me the right place to post this type question but in the meantime I need an answer to this: I have 3 emails in my spam folder supposedly from Google.  One in particular concerns me. It is from Google.0689 @ 76387.emailsupport.  Says my account will be deactivated in 48 hours because I am a “spammer” or something like that.  Gives me a link to click on if I disagree.  I’m not clicking on anything until I know it is legitimate. Can anyone confirm that these emails from Google are legit or not?

Ascaris
        AskWoody MVP

Danger, danger, Will Robinson.

This is a phishing attempt! Don’t respond.

Dell XPS 13/9310, i5-1135G7/16GB, KDE Neon
        Dell G3 15/3579, i7-8750H/16GB, KDE Neon
        Asus P8P67 Deluxe, i5-2500k/16GB, KDE Neon

1 user thanked author for this post.
        PaulK
        AskWoody Lounger

You did the right thing by posting ‘at all’.
        When nothing/noplace else seems to be appropriate, one always can throw something into
        https://www.askwoody.com/forums/forum/outside-the-box/the-junk-drawer/ .

Legitimate emails from email providers do not issue threats like this one did. And, it would be from (in this case) something @ google.com.

The WhoIs lookup on “emailsupport.com” doesn’t give a lot of useful information.

So, what you can you do, besides not clicking on the embedded link? If you wish, you could forward the email(s) to abuse@godaddy.com for registrar review and action. This address is in the WhoIs link above.

To be of the maximum use to them:
        – (This is for Thunderbird, other mail clients have the same capability)
        — from the Menu Bar: View > Headers > All
        – Then Forward the email to abuse@godaddy.com.

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I have 3 emails in my spam folder

If you had your mail app/gmail move these mails to spam, they are spam.
        Just delete.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Email From Google

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.