News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Enable Remote Desktop

Posted on SteveWeaver Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Enable Remote Desktop

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        SteveWeaver
        AskWoody Lounger

I cannot figure out how to “Enable Remote Desktop” on my home PC. I am using Windows 10 Pro but this option is greyed out, see attachment.  A message says “Some settings are managed by your organization”. I am the organization. I purchased the PC new. So why can’t I enable remote desktop?

I have tried numerous options suggested on the web but nothing seems to work. An example of what I have tried can be found here: How to Fix ‘some settings are managed by your organization’ – Appuals.com.

Can anyone explain what is going on or provide any assistance?

Attachments:
        PKCano
        Manager

A message says “Some settings are managed by your organization”.

This message is because there is a setting in Group Policy that is blocking your use of Remote Desktop. There are two places you can start to identify the blocking. You need to be using an Administrative Account (not Standard Account).

Control Panel\System\Remote Settings
        Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-7.26.12-PM

And in Group Policy Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services
        Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-7.27.23-PM

Attachments:
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

As an aside, what are you using RD for? If it’s access over the internet you definitely want MFA via something like Cisco Duo Free.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Enable Remote Desktop

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.