News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Error when looking up a KB number

Posted on Bundaburra Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Error when looking up a KB number

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    • This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Bundaburra
        AskWoody Plus

This morning, after typing KBnnnnnnn (various actual numbers) into the Google search box in Firefox,  the Microsoft page for that number would open briefly, then I get this:

“Request Id: 7d5a6b0c-ac09-44f0-b34c-5e1e67d00700
        Correlation Id: 95c3f689-92f9-48ba-a616-a181be02fea9
        Timestamp: 2020-08-15T02:51:33Z
        Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app vendor.”

I have never seen this before, and have no idea of what it means or who my “app vendor” is.  All I was doing was searching for information about a particular KB number.  What’s going on?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004

• #2288758 Reply
        Bundaburra
        AskWoody Plus

Clarification:  I had used Belarc to show me what it said were missing updates.  This resulted in a list of KB numbers (I have updates paused).  Each KB number listed on the Belarc screen is a link to a corresponding Microsoft page, and clicking on the link causes the error – that’s when the error occurred.  If I type in the KB number outside of Belarc, it behaves normally, so I put it down to a problem with Belarc.

Problem solved (at this end).

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Error when looking up a KB number

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.