News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • ESU patches not visibile on Win Update despite 4538483 already installed.

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 ESU patches not visibile on Win Update despite 4538483 already installed.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        artsog
        AskWoody Plus

Have more “requirements” been added to get the March 2020 service pack updates beyond having to install KB4538483?    In installed it for the ESU Feb updates which came down fine (I have the ESU license.)
        Now Windows Update does not show me any of the service pack updates for Win7.

• #2223268 Reply
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP

Did you do the Feb servicing stack update?  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4537829/servicing-stack-update-for-windows-7-sp1-and-server-2008-r2-sp1  If you don’t see it offered, download it manually from the catalog site.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2223288 Reply
          artsog
          AskWoody Plus

Thank you Susan!  That did it.

I did install the Feb ESU updates on March 1  with no issues (from Windows Update) and without installing 4537829.

Now that 7829 is installed I can see Update offering the Monthly Rollup 4540688.
          But I do not Update offering the Servicing pack Update (4550735) or the Internet Explorer (4537767)
          Should these two show up on Windows Update or are they to be downloaded directly from Catalog?

• #2223289 Reply
            PKCano
            Da Boss

The Rollup contains the update for Internet Explorer. You only need the independent IE11 CU if you are doing Security-only patches.

The Servicing Stack should show up after you install all the other patches and the WU queue is empty. It has to be installed exclusively, so it doesn’t show if there are any other pending updates (checked or unchecked) in the Important list.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: ESU patches not visibile on Win Update despite 4538483 already installed.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.