News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Ethernet slow to load on Surface Pro 2017

Posted on Rasilon1946 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Questions: Microsoft Surface Ethernet slow to load on Surface Pro 2017

• This topic is empty.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Rasilon1946
        AskWoody Plus

For a while now, I’ve experience this issue on my Surface Pro 2017 with the Ethernet connection. Not sure when this started. If I have “Fast Boot” enabled, it is approximately 30-45 seconds after Windows is running before the Ethernet connection is enabled (Wi-Fi running until then). If I turn off “Fast Boot”, the startup time is increased by that same amount. I’ve turned off “Fast Boot” for now.

Ethernet connection is provided by plugging directly into the Dock. I tried using a USB-C-Ethernet adapter directly plugged into the port on the Surface. I later tried swapped another Dock all with the same results. I even tried updating the firmware on the Dock.

As I said, I’m not sure when this started. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on how “fix” it? TIA!

Hank Arnold

• #2297872 Reply
        anonymous

Any non-standard network software starting automatically?

Win 10 slow to establish network on reboot

(See posts #12 – #16 in that thread.)

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Ethernet slow to load on Surface Pro 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.