News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Eudora mail conversion

Posted on Horrabin Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Horrabin 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Horrabin
      AskWoody Plus

Has anyone run across software or a method that works that will convert old Eudora (not OSE) mail to Thunderbird? I’vbe tried a few in the past but none seemed to actually produce thunderbird-readable archived mail.

• #1958732 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

The only method seems to be to use old software for the conversion, then run the latest Thunderbird and it will update the mail DB. See the section “Importing Eudora Mail with Eudora Rescue” in this Mozilla article.
      http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_Issues_:_Import_From_Eudora

Also worth noting some of the things that don’t convert.
      https://scls.typepad.com/techbits/2009/03/preparing-to-migrate-from-eudora-to-thunderbird-email-software.html

cheers, Paul

• #1959832 Reply

Horrabin

Thanks, Paul!

I think we’ll muddle along with Eudora then. It’s way outdated, but then, so is my boss, who’s always used Eudora and is stubborn as an IRS auditor. I use Thunderbird personally and like it, which is why I considered pushing him to migrate to it. Tbird handles newer formats (especially from some phones) much better so I thought it might be worth a shot. The importing process looks cumbersome and not worth butting heads over it for the result.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Eudora mail conversion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.