News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• EULA Click-wrap License Review Software?

Home » Forums » Tools » EULA Click-wrap License Review Software?

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Author
    Topic

Today Apple changed its iCloud Terms of Service (ToS). I put it here.

I got to wondering if there is any good/great software these days which can point out creepy over-reach or heinous theft authorized by the EULAs I don’t ever take the time to read.

Anyone got any EULA review candidates, please?

Merci.

Finance, social and tech founder. Managing director of new crowd sourced games in pre-release development. Director on a new consortium to bring fractional ownership of heritage antiquities to the blockchain. My planet-wide talk show for people craving new stories by which to live is Casual Saints.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

You might try pasting the EULA from any software into EULAlyzer. It won’t make a decision for you but does help separate some of the wheat from the chaff. I seems to work on a keywords basis, initially spotting sentences with possible traps, bringing those to your attention and grading them.

Atternativeto lists some others. I can’t comment on those.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Merci beauchomps, kind stranger.

So after you mentioned it, I remember EULAlyzer because I’d used it. I tried it on the iCloud agreement and EULAlyzer seemed overwhelmed by the iCloud agreement.

I looked at two others shown at AlternativeTo, and they were both non-starters for different reasons.

Finance, social and tech founder. Managing director of new crowd sourced games in pre-release development. Director on a new consortium to bring fractional ownership of heritage antiquities to the blockchain. My planet-wide talk show for people craving new stories by which to live is Casual Saints.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: EULA Click-wrap License Review Software?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.