News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Excel 2016 problem after August patching.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Excel 2016 problem after August patching.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  OscarCP 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

I have Office 2016 installed in a Mac laptop (MacBook Pro c. mid 2015 running Mojave) that I updated with the August patches a few days ago, after waiting, as is usual for me, for about four weeks since Patch Day.

Now, trying to use Excel to make a plot of some results, I found that inserting a Text box on a chart and then starting to write inside it caused the whole system to freeze and show the Mac’s “Pinwheel of Death”, the equivalent of the occasionally unstoppable little hour glass, that in Windows means “I am busy with some process that have to complete before I can pay attention to you, user!”

The solution that “worked” to get out of this undesirable situation was, same as in Windows, turning off the computer. Then I re-started, tried again to insert a text box and write in it… with the same undesirable result, so I crashed the system again, and then tried again for the third time, with the same result. As the saying goes, repeating the same procedure another time, at this point, would have proven that I am insane. So I stopped there.

Now, this is really annoying. My question here is the following:

Has anyone found this, or any other similar problem with Excel 2016 either on a Mac or a Windows PC, after applying the August patches?

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Excel 2016 problem after August patching.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.