News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • EXCEL 97 startup

Posted on WSGillian Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSGillian
        AskWoody Lounger

I use Win95 & Office Pro. When I first load a spreadsheet (any method), that contains a macro, it loads the spreadsheet twice – hence I get two macro protection warnings!
        Once Excel is loaded, I can close & reopen files with no problem.
        In OfficeXLStart directory, I only have the file “mscreate.dir”. I have had a look in the registry and cannot see any obvious setting to cause this.

I do also have Office 4.3 installed, as I support both versions. The last major change I made was to reinstall Office 97 as “full”.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

• #508697 Reply
        WScri
        AskWoody Lounger

Are these workbooks “tied” together ?
        OFF97: Workbook_Open/Auto_Open Macros Are Run Twice in Binder
        http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar…s/Q184/2/82.ASP

• #508719 Reply
          WSGillian
          AskWoody Lounger

Thank you for your response. I had already removed Binder, so doubt this was the problem, though I was not aware of this bug.
          I have now removed Office 97 & ran the registry cleaner, reloaded the PC & installed Office 97 again (custom settings), and my problem has gone away. I guess I must have had a corruption in the registry.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: EXCEL 97 startup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.