News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Excel Save issue

Posted on nantucketbob Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  b 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

nantucketbob
      AskWoody Plus

The recent Office 365 update included a change in the way files are saved.  They want us to use OneDrive which I don’t use.  I want to set a default save location and browse like the previous version did.  Now it is extra work to save.

Suggestions?

• #1766810 Reply

doriel
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello.
      Def save location should be set same in all versions (not sure about latest O365 update)
      File -> Preferences/Options (I dont know english expression) -> Save

There is default location shown on the picture

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
      --- Thomas A. Edison

Attachments:
    • #1766928 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Check “Save to Computer by default” at File, Options, Save and select a “Default local file location” on the next line.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Excel Save issue

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.