News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Extended Security Updates Windows 7 Pro

Posted on luanne1 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Extended Security Updates Windows 7 Pro

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        luanne1
        AskWoody Plus

I purchased the ESU for my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit desktop.

I have a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and I think it is sp1 . I already had just 4 updates prior to this morning and this morning I only had 3 updates. I read the email from Ted and proceeded to install the new kb number manually and was successful. When I checked for updates again, the 4 original updates were back again and they are:

Update for Excel 2010 and update for Outlook 2010 and the Malicious Software Removal Tool as well as an update to Windows Microsoft Security Essentials but those were the only updates I have received. Is this a problem? Can anyone provide a list of updates that my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit desktop requires or was that everything.

Thank you!

• #2139315 Reply
        geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Read here:

February 2020 Patch Tuesday foibles

Patch Lady – Windows 7 ESU last minute requirement

There are interesting developments.

G{ot backup} TestBeta
        offline▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.959 x64 i3-3220 RAM8GB HDD Firefox79.0 WindowsDefender
        online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.1082 x64 i5-9400 RAM16GB HDD Firefox81.0 WindowsDefender
        TargetReleaseVersion=1909
        WUMgr
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Extended Security Updates Windows 7 Pro

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.