News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Extra updates in wushowhide?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Extra updates in wushowhide?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        anonymous

I’ve enjoyed this website for years to help with my old Windows 7 computer; now that it is dying, I have joined the Windows 10 family. I now have Windows 10 Home 20H2 (x64) on a new computer.

After turning on the metered connection, setting my other files & applications up, backing up the system image, creating a repair disk and recovery media, and reading lots of stuff from this website, I decided to wait until April before updating. However, I thought I would at least use “wushowhide” to hide some of the seven pending items in Windows Update: KB5000802 and six non-MS driver updates.

Imagine my surprise when wushowhide offered 17 updates for me to hide! Can that possibly be normal? Does Windows Update only show some of the updates they plan to install at any given time, or could there be any kind of reason why these other 10 items* wouldn’t appear? Can I even trust the Windows Update screen, or is it wushowhide that is somehow incorrect? (I’ve done my best to search the forums for this phenomenon but no luck; sorry if someone asked this question years ago and I couldn’t find it.)

*For the record, they are 5 additional driver updates plus KB4589212, KB890830, KB4601554, KB4577586, and KB4580325. None seem necessary except maybe the MSRT. I suppose I could try to hide some of them, but obviously there’d be no way to know I was successful if they already aren’t listed in the first place.

Still not planning to update this time around, but I’d be grateful for any advice on what to do in wushowhide before I eventually pause updates prior to next Tuesday. Thank you!

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

*For the record, they are 5 additional driver updates plus KB4589212, KB890830, KB4601554, KB4577586, and KB4580325. None seem necessary except maybe the MSRT. I suppose I could try to hide some of them, but obviously there’d be no way to know I was successful if they already aren’t listed in the first place.

KB4589212 is a Intel microcode. I have installed it. You can hide.
        KB4601554 is Feb. preview. Hide.
        KB4577586 is Flash uninstall. Install.
        KB4580325 is Flash update. Hide.

When you run wushowhide it run Windows update check.
        I use WUmgr.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Extra updates in wushowhide?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.