News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Extra USB Sound driver?

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Extra USB Sound driver?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Steven
        AskWoody Plus

I have a Yamaha AG03 attached to record speech with Audacity. There has for some time been a problem with noise–very quick “puffs” of noise or clicks. I’m working up and down the whole signal chain, but I noticed in device manager two drivers for “AG03/AG06”: one from Yamaha and a second one from Microsoft. Apparently Windows (10) decided to attach the Microsoft driver. Could they be fighting? I’ve disabled, for now, the Microsoft driver and everything still works. I don’t know yet if the problem went away. Any advice appreciated.

Kirsty
        Manager

That sounds like a possible culprit for your problem.

Do you have settings enabled to stop Windows/Microsoft from automatically updating your drivers? Which OS version are you running?

Steven
        AskWoody Plus

Windows 10 Home, 2004. Patches are delayed each month. I didn’t realize drivers were automatically updated… where is that setting controlled?

Have not yet tried to confirm if the noise has cleared up or not. Maybe I’m lucky and this is it.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Extra USB Sound driver?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.