News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Farewell 2019, Love, willygirl

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer Farewell 2019, Love, willygirl

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

Win7 Home x64 MacOS Chromebook

7 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2038519 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

Remembering

This video was well done, thanks to TCM. Spent many days on various sets in the day of trap door action (know this too well), and these actors/actresses/directors/screen writers leave a huge footprint in movie history. Spoken from a personal side yet I’m just a writer in pursuit of documenting the best who survived a few hurdles and in the end, they won the hearts of admirers. My mother was one, without the name.

Happy New Year everyone, focus on good possibilities, they’re out there.

3 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2038610 Reply
          OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

The movies and, by extension, TV shows, whether they can be classified as drama, comedy, suspense, science fiction, action, fantasy, horror — or things so innovative that do not fall into any ready-made category — are the creations of the one truly popular art form (besides music) of our age. While poetry, much of prose literature, sculpture and painting have developed a strong tendency to disappear down their own metaphorical navels, movies in both the big and the small screen still speak to most of us like nothing else does. It is a shame, really, but also it means that those great ones that contributed so much to this art have also contributed to our enlightenment, delight, amusement and just plain growing-up, from teenagers (some well past their adolescence “best by date”), into mature adults, For that and more, no praiseful thanks can ever be enough. So, however poor a tribute this might be, these are my thanks to you all for what you did in this world while you still walked it. We need your kind more than ever. And, thanks to the recordings of your work, I can and do salute you with the words of one, by now, long of your number: Roger Ebert. “I’ll see you in the movies!”

Your work is done. Now rest in peace.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS Mojave + Linux (Mint)

• #2300025 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

“This is about the movies, the best we have to offer. That’s what it’s all about.” Our world has changed. Bring back the beauty of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Bring back the romance of the big screen. Amen.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Farewell 2019, Love, willygirl

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.