News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Feedback Hub annoys me

Posted on Terring Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Feedback Hub annoys me

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Terring
        AskWoody Lounger

I’m working, playing games or watching videos, and I hear my PC being busy with something. I open up the Task Manager and 9 out of 10 times is because of the Feedback Hub. What’s this? What does it do? Why it’s active by itself? Why it’s so annoying? Do I need it? Can I remove it or at least shut it?

I miss Windows XP...

• #1874302 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Microsoft explains the Feedback Hub here: Send feedback to Microsoft with Feedback Hub

Try turning off its ability to run in the background at Settings, Privacy, Background apps.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1874491 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

Can I remove it or at least shut it?

Yes and yes

To just shut it up, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback in the *left*-hand navigation pane then, in the *right*-hand pane, amend the dropdown list for Windows should ask for my feedback (under  Feedback frequency) to Never.

feedback_frequency_1709

Alternatively, use a REG file like the following. It does the same.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
        ; "Windows should ask for my feedback" - Never

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules]
        "NumberOfSIUFInPeriod"=dword:00000000

To turn it back on to its default setting using a REG file, just delete the Rules sub-key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; "Windows should ask for my feedback" - Automatically (Recommended)

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules]

(‘SUIF’ just means ‘System Initiated User Feedback’; as opposed to any manual feedback initiated by the user, i.e. ‘UIF’)

To remove Feedback functionality completely, use the following from an *elevated* PowerShell console:

Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_1000.10130.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Note that this will change the appearance in Settings to greyed out:

feedback_frequency_1809

I suggest you just shut it up first… see how you get on.

Hope this helps…

Attachments:
        1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Feedback Hub annoys me

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.