News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Feedback Hub annoys me

Posted on Terring Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Feedback Hub annoys me

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Corbett 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Terring
      AskWoody Lounger

I’m working, playing games or watching videos, and I hear my PC being busy with something. I open up the Task Manager and 9 out of 10 times is because of the Feedback Hub. What’s this? What does it do? Why it’s active by itself? Why it’s so annoying? Do I need it? Can I remove it or at least shut it?

My English is far from perfect and I want to improve it. If you find any mistakes, particularly with my grammar, feel free to correct me.

• #1874302 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Microsoft explains the Feedback Hub here: Send feedback to Microsoft with Feedback Hub

Try turning off its ability to run in the background at Settings, Privacy, Background apps.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1874491 Reply

Rick Corbett
      AskWoody_MVP

Can I remove it or at least shut it?

Yes and yes

To just shut it up, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback in the *left*-hand navigation pane then, in the *right*-hand pane, amend the dropdown list for Windows should ask for my feedback (under  Feedback frequency) to Never.

feedback_frequency_1709

Alternatively, use a REG file like the following. It does the same.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
      ; "Windows should ask for my feedback" - Never

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules]
      "NumberOfSIUFInPeriod"=dword:00000000

To turn it back on to its default setting using a REG file, just delete the Rules sub-key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; "Windows should ask for my feedback" - Automatically (Recommended)

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules]

(‘SUIF’ just means ‘System Initiated User Feedback’; as opposed to any manual feedback initiated by the user, i.e. ‘UIF’)

To remove Feedback functionality completely, use the following from an *elevated* PowerShell console:

Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_1000.10130.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Note that this will change the appearance in Settings to greyed out:

feedback_frequency_1809

I suggest you just shut it up first… see how you get on.

Hope this helps…

Attachments:
      1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Feedback Hub annoys me

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.