News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • file Explorer acting flaky w/ext USB drive

Posted on gilevesque Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update file Explorer acting flaky w/ext USB drive

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 1 month ago.

• Author

gilevesque
      AskWoody Plus

Ever since the last update (which was installed in spite of my attempts to block it) every time I boot up my system File Explorer will “loose track” of my external USB drive and “find” it about every 5 minutes for about a half an hour. During this time, I can’t access the drive or copy/move files to it. After about a half hour of this, it stops and will only occasionally “find” my drive again and bring up the File Explorer window.

I’ve not experienced this until the last week and it’s driving me crazy!

Also, I can’t even bring up File Explorer for any other drive for at least 10 minutes after I’ve booted up.

• #1980403 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

In the search box type “winver” (without quotes) and tell us what version and Build you have.
      Also, in the Settings app in Windows Update\Update History, tell us what Cumulative Update for Windows was the last one installed.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: file Explorer acting flaky w/ext USB drive

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.