News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Filter Query

Posted on beethoven Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        beethoven
        AskWoody Plus

I did some work on a spreadsheet and noticed that the last 4 rows do not behave with filters as I would expect.

If I choose to use a filter on Column T (Comment) and only want to show those cells in red I would expect Items C&D to be shown. However also Items G-J are visible. Why?

These last 4 rows were copied/pasted into the sheet but I have already tried to copy /format other rows and/or modify the format for the cells but they refuse to conform to match the others.

Attachments:
      • #2307122 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

I can’t answer why it is doing the odd behavior on the pasted cells, but if you remove the filter and reapply it, it works properly, on testing.

Was the pasting done after the filter was first set up?

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2307181 Reply
        beethoven
        AskWoody Plus

Kirsty,

I am pretty sure the filter was there before.  Just checked the real spreadsheet and I had removed the filter (unrelated to this issue) since posting  and you absolutely correct,  when adding back the filter now the outcome is normal.  Thank you for your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Filter Query

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.