News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Find article for PowerShell module PSWindowsUpdate

Posted on STBC Mapper Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Find article for PowerShell module PSWindowsUpdate

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

STBC Mapper 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

STBC Mapper
      AskWoody Plus

Please help me find this particular article or video that I started reviewing on 3/01/2019 but have since lost track of. IIRC it was in or was referenced by a recent (2019) AskWoody newsletter and written by Susan Bradley. The subject was using PowerShell with the PSWindowsUpdate module. It started with this outline that I copied at the time and was followed by details and ~4 screenshots of the PowerShell window:

“Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Install-PackageProvider NuGet

Install-Module PSWindowsUpdate

Get-WindowsUpdate”

Edit to remove HTML. Please use the “Text” tab in the entry box when you copy/paste.

• #341936 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The Newsletters are available by clicking on the “Newsletter/Alerts” button in the gray menubar at the top of the blog.

“PSWindowsUpdate” search in the search box in the right hand panel produces this list.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #342286 Reply

STBC Mapper
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the AskWoody search advice, but as it turns out that did not help because the item I was looking for was on the CSO Video site.  I first stumbled upon the PSWindowsUpdate video two weeks ago because it came up as the “Next” video to view while I was playing another Susan Bradley video.  When I bookmarked the PSWindowsUpdate story, my browser saved it with the Title and URL of the first video.
      For the record, the PSWindowsUpdate URL is
      https://www.csoonline.com/video/91947/how-to-use-powershell-to-scan-for-windows-10-updates

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #342367 Reply

STBC Mapper
      AskWoody Plus
    Reply To: Find article for PowerShell module PSWindowsUpdate

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: