News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Finding Panda Dome Antivirus (free) newest version?

Posted on Moonbear Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Finding Panda Dome Antivirus (free) newest version?

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Moonbear
        AskWoody Lounger

In Panda Dome Antivirus (at least the free version anyway) there is no option to check for a newer version of the program.

The the closest thing it has is an “about” tab that tells you the current version you are running.

The version I am running is 20.00.00.001

The Panda Security website doesn’t even specify the version number when you download the installer.

Am I missing something? Or is finding out when a newer version of Panda Dome is available really just so much guesswork?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Moonbear.
      • #2302315 Reply
        BigBadSteve
        AskWoody Plus

It’s trialware/payware, and according to their website the trial is 1 month only. So it would not even update virus definitions after that time, and presumably newer versions wouldn’t either. Hence it becomes next to useless after the first month unless you want to pay for it.

https://www.pandasecurity.com/en/homeusers/downloads

Windows’ inbuilt virus checker works perfectly well, and costs nothing.

Asus N53SM & N53SN 64-bit laptops (Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro 64-bit multiboots), venerable HP Pavilion t760 32-bit desktop (XP & Win7 Pro multiboot), Oracle VirtualBox VM's: XP & Win7 32-bit, XP Mode, aged Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019s (8" & 10.1"), Blu-ray burners, digital cameras, ext. HDDs (latest 5TB!), AnyDVD, Easeus ToDo Backup Home, Waterfox, more. Me: Aussie card-carrying Windows geek.

• #2302371 Reply
        7ProSP1
        AskWoody Lounger

https://www.pandasecurity.com/en/homeusers/downloads

If you scroll down to almost the bottom of this page, on the left you will see a section which says, “Are you familiar with our free tools?

Here you will find a link to the free version of Panda Dome Antivirus:

https://www.pandasecurity.com/en/homeusers/free-antivirus/

It doesn’t say specifically what version # it is and while I didn’t download it, when I clicked on the download link it says version 20.1

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by 7ProSP1.
        • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by 7ProSP1.
        • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by 7ProSP1. Reason: fixed typos
        2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2303071 Reply
          Moonbear
          AskWoody Lounger

I’ve never seen that link before, I always sign in to my account and download from there.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Finding Panda Dome Antivirus (free) newest version?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.