News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Fingerprint reader failure, gradual

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Fingerprint reader failure, gradual

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        astro46
        AskWoody Plus

To be clear, I have seen the other posts about the pros and cons of fingerprint readers.  This post is not about that. I want to use the fingerprint reader.

I bought a Lenovo T15 with fingerprint reader.  It worked fine for a few days, then gradually failed more and more, till it pretty much stopped working at all.  I could rescan fingers (I did four fingers), and the same routine, worked ok for a while, then increasing failure.

Lenovo replaced the T15.   Fingerprint reader worked great for 5 days, then started failing.  I notice, perhaps coincidence, that the first finger I scanned failed first, then the second, etc. I am down to using the 4th scanned finger. Or using PIN.

Any ideas about what could be causing this gradual degradation?  I don’t believe it is about my fingerprints being worn,  or wet, etc,  since it works fine initially.  Something else is going on.  Is there a service that refreshes fingerprints that isn’t running?  or something else?

Do others experience this gradual failure of fingerprint readers?

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Fingerprint reader failure, gradual

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.