News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • FireFox 67.0.1

Posted on Charlie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  geekdom 4 months ago.

• Author

Charlie
      AskWoody Plus

I’m getting an update notice to update to FF 67.0.1.  I usually hold off for awhile before getting these updates.  While I’m waiting I search for information about the update and what it does.  Well, in this case Mozilla is reporting big changes in this update, some sound good, others…. I don’t know.  Any comments good or bad are very welcome.  Thanks.

Win 7 Home Premium, x64, Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz, Groups B & L

• #1794575 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

Just installed FF 67.0.1 and not seeing any big changes, maybe it’s because I haven’t any need for add-ons just yet.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"
    • #1794534 Reply

anonymous

? says:

i got 67.0 as a security patch March 21st and it seems to run like all the previous 60 series versions. running it on ubuntu 16, 18 and 19. i turned on the new “cryptominer,” and “fingerprinter,” blockers hopefully they are working. no problems with it and i use microfix’s AKB3000003 on askwoody for additional security settings, too. there is another list of changes on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_version_history#Firefox_60_through_67

• #1794617 Reply

Bluetrix
      AskWoody MVP

I allowed FF to update to 67.0.1 three days ago. So far so good. The latest update wasn’t a MAJOR change.

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

• #1796783 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus
    • #1802845 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

release notes of Firefox 67.0.1 from Mozilla:
      https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/67.0.1/releasenotes/

• #1810563 Reply

Charlie
      AskWoody Plus

Okay thanks, I installed the update yesterday and all seems to be okay. No major changes that I can see. I must have read more into all the descriptions in the places linked above.

• #1841166 Reply

Charlie
      AskWoody Plus

Well, 4 days later and we get another one – 67.0.2.  Wow.  I read the information about it and it sounded good so I let it install.  Things seem okay at present here.

• #1841340 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

Same here, Version 67.0.2 seems to be fine.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"
    • #1841352 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

Firefox Quantum Beta Version 68.0b9 (64-bit) runs well.

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
      Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · RAM 8GB · Firefox: uBlock Origin - NoScript · HDD · Canon Printer · Microsoft Security Essentials · Windows: Backup - System Image - Rescue Disk - Firewall

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: FireFox 67.0.1

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.