News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Firefox 76.0.1 (X64) Can not view youtube if logged into my Google Account

Posted on WSjnelsoninjax Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Other browsers Firefox 76.0.1 (X64) Can not view youtube if logged into my Google Account

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        WSjnelsoninjax
        AskWoody Lounger

ff

So for the last few days, I have not been able to see anything on YouTube. When I go to the site, it is blank, and when I search for anything, the result is also blank. I have disabled all my add-ons and the result is the same. I can view it in a private window, and other browsers, but in my standard profile, even with everything disabled, nothing loads. I have no idea what could be causing this issue, and it is rather annoying. I have cleared the cache, I have done hard refreshes (ctrl+F5) and nothing changes.

So just to confirm where the issue is, I logged out of my Google account and went to YouTube and I was able to view videos, but as soon as I signed in, I was at the blank screen. But, this only happens in Firefox, I use Brave or Edge, and I can log in to my Google account and see YouTube videos, so I am really out of options here, is this issue with Firefox or with Google, or both?

I have done a safe mode restart, the problem still exists. I created a new profile with no add-ons, the problem is still there. If I go into a private window, the problem is still there. I have also temporarily disabled tracking protection, it too yielded no results.

Attachments:
      • #2269356 Reply
        Charlie
        AskWoody Plus

Firefox ver. 77 came up recently and now 77.0.1 is showing, but no mention of a fix for your particular problem is described.  As usual I’m holding off updating my Firefox from 76.0.1 for a few more days.

Win 7, Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz, Linux Mint 19.1, Klaatu barada nikto

• #2269359 Reply
        SB9K
        AskWoody Lounger

I’m not sure how much help this will be:

• In 76.01 and above, I can reproduce that screen shot if I tell the NoScript add-on to treat youtube.com as untrusted – that is say, to block the scripts from that domain.
        • With NoScript disabled, I cannot reproduce that screen even if I set all of Firefox’s built-in tracking protection to the absolute maximum, including blocking all cookies and setting the block list to level 2.

Did you use the built-in Add-ons Manager in Firefox to disable yours, or settings within the add-ons themselves? I ask because I wonder if some behave similar to NoScript, where some protection remains active even when I choose its “Disable restrictions globally” setting.

Gaming Rig: Win 8.1 Pro - Group A + Blackbird
        Work Desktop: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (+ Win 8.1 VM, "just in case")
        Notebook (guinea pig): Whatever flavor of Linux I tried last
        File Server: TurnKey Linux
        • #2269374 Reply
          WSjnelsoninjax
          AskWoody Lounger

As I stated in the original post, I created a new profile, with no add-ons, and the issue is still there.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Firefox 76.0.1 (X64) Can not view youtube if logged into my Google Account

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.