• Firefox suddenly stopped opening full size

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Questions: Browsers and desktop software » Other browsers » Firefox suddenly stopped opening full size

Author
    Topic

A few days ago Firefox switched to opening windows about 1/2 size and located at the bottom left of the screen. I assume I did something, but I don’t know where to look in about:config to fix this. Can someone help?

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

a similar thing is affecting mine. It ignores the window setting from the last time it was open.

Does this correct if you Restore Up (‘full screen’), and Close? Then re-Open.

Windows is remembering that the window for ‘this program’ was last closed as a reduced-sized window. “So the user prefers this program in a smaller size? OK, I can do that.”

Nope. Not even restore to full screen, close Firefox, close Windows and restart helps.

What Version of Firefox and what Version of Windows are you using?

We're getting Sticker Shock everywhere now, not just car dealers.

about:config setting privacy.<wbr />resistFingerprinting if set to true will make Firefox always open in a non-full screen window

This also controls a group of other settings related to fingerprinting.

Yes, I changed that setting. It would be nice to have known of this side effect, but I can certainly live with it for the added protection I’m getting.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: Reply #2404699 in Firefox suddenly stopped opening full size

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel