News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• fix mistake (uBlock Origin personal filters)

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software fix mistake (uBlock Origin personal filters)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I just used ublock origin on PayPal to stop their unwanted notifications and accidentally erased my entire “notifications” section where income and outgo records are kept. Can that be reversed?

Thank you

Ascaris
        AskWoody MVP

Yes!

Click the little gears icon in the popup from the uBlock icon (“Open the dashboard”), then go to the My filters tab. The newest changes appear at the bottom of the list. You should see the one with the correct URL there. Just delete the whole entry (one or two lines, dependng on whether you made other filters for the site at about the same time). Press “Apply changes” and it should work from then on!

Group "L" (KDE Neon Linux 5.22.0 User Edition)

Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

For future use, remember to use the Preview tab fist to see what you will be left with.
        The Pick option (with sliders) give you a little more control to remove all the dross.
        You can block many items from a web page, not just adverts as you have found out and you can really clean up some ‘gory’ looking web pages to make them more palatable and easy on the eye.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: fix mistake (uBlock Origin personal filters)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.