News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Flash Player Update

Posted on taftbaby Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        taftbaby
        AskWoody Plus

I have Windows 10 V 1909 on both my desktop and laptop.  A couple of months ago I un- installed Adobe Flash Player on both my desktop and laptop. The latest Windows Update  has an update for Flash Player.   I installed it.  I use the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Would the update have something to do with the browsers? Thank you for your time and STAY SAFE!!!

• #2279921 Reply
        satrow
        AskWoody MVP

In your case, almost certainly only for Edge (where it may be blocked/disabled by default anyway).

• #2280143 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

I have Windows 10 V 1909 on both my desktop and laptop.  A couple of months ago I un- installed Adobe Flash Player on both my desktop and laptop. The latest Windows Update  has an update for Flash Player.   I installed it.  I use the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Would the update have something to do with the browsers? Thank you for your time and STAY SAFE!!!

the WU version of Flash Player like KB45461600 is for updated Flash ActiveX for IE (and “legacy” Edge, not ChrEdge or Chromium Edge) on Win10.
        Flash updates for Chrome/Edge (new)/Firefox browsers are provided here from Adobe’s web site

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by EP.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Flash Player Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.