News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • “FoldGate” with Samsung Fold?

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Nathan Parker 1 month ago.

• Author

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

I’ve been reading reports in the news about issues with the new Samsung Fold phone and the display (this being the most extreme, but coming from a Mac news site, it would be: https://www.macworld.com/article/3390439/samsung-galaxy-foldgate-apple-folding-iphone.html).

Anyone planning on shelling out $2,000 for the new foldie or giving it a pass?

Nathan Parker

• #560783 Trash | Reply

Lugh
      AskWoody_MVP

Yeah, a number of reviewers on tech sites have had hardware breakage after only a few days normal usage. Back to the drawing board.

Even if it was perfect, at $2K this is only for enthusiasts. There are so many other excellent Samsung, Huawei etc phones which give real value for money.

Lugh.
      ~
      Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
      i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD

• #560919 Trash | Reply

NetDef
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m waiting for the first report of a cookie crumb or large sand/dust particle being caught in that fold . . . and the subsequent warranty request result.

What’s that crunching sound?

~ Group "Weekend" ~

• #564673 Trash | Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m personally an iPhone user (tried Android once and while powerful, I missed the polish with iOS), and I have the iPhone XS, and I cringed at the $1,000+ price on it (I did the iPhone Upgrade program just because I couldn’t bring myself to pay the cost up front). $2,000 for an Android phone that brings us back to a “flip phone” after smartphone manufactuerers have been trying to get us off of “flip phones”? Not my thing.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: “FoldGate” with Samsung Fold?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.