Topic

Causing both hilarity and utter amazement in the UK press at the moment

Exceptional Fisherman’s Cottage – For Sale

Viewing 6 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

It would be a great buy if you happened to work at Dungeness… you’d never have an excuse for being late to work.

This cottage is one of the features easily visible (since Romney Marsh is almost completely flat) from the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Light Railway. But it seems somewhat overpriced at £247K. I wonder how far it is from Derek Jarman‘s previous home “Prospect Cottage”?

BATcher

Plethora means a lot to me.

Maybe someone is being just a bit canny, for one reason or another.

The most likely customer is the plant itself, with all due haste, for a king’s ransom, rather than have to go through the battles of expropriation, if that is a likely eventuality. They can buy it and lend it or lease it, presumably to one of their employees (plainclothes division), and then take over the property itself if it is needed and allowed for plant expansion.

Maybe we could send over Middlesex, CT’s local building thief to make the power plant disappear!

Free of charge…of course!

I didn’t think I’d live to see the day when Nuclear Power generation became a cottage industry …..

I didn’t think I’d live to see the day when Nuclear Power generation became a cottage industry …..

Yes, remember it is a fisherman’s cottage so I imagine the industry is Nuclear Fishon

Yes, remember it is a fisherman’s cottage so I imagine the industry is Nuclear Fishon

Would that be a Fisherman’s Friend?

I think certain fish glow in the dark, do they not? I can’t help wondering about the local catch.

I was just thinking what this fisherman had for dinner being that he was so close to the reactor and I just realised it must have been fission chips

I was just thinking what this fisherman had for dinner being that he was so close to the reactor and I just realised it must have been fission chips

With a side order of beta blockers.

Take another look at those photographs, especially the aerial, and try plane geometry,

One station is kaput and is going out of service.

Those are mighty high-voltage-looking power lines, and to outward appearances they aren’t connected. Detours are expensive.

Air rights go with the cottage. No one is going to run power lines over that so long as it is occupied, or even exists. The utility has to have easy access to all areas under its lines in case one goes down. How many consumers of electricity want their service to be at the mercy etc.?

I did say I thought someone wsa being canny, didn’t I?

Viewing 6 reply threads
    Reply To: For Sale

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: