• FoxFlag shows AW server in Iran

Author
    Topic

FoxFlag shows AW server in Iran, old version of FoxFlag on Pale Moon. Interesting veeerry Interesting. I guess it is a False FoxFlag 😲
    😁

Screenshot-2022-05-16-113411

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by wavy.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by wavy.
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

5.161.102.154 (askwoody.olvycloud.com)

AS213230
      IRR Valid
      ROA Signed and Valid
      5.161.0.0/16 Hetzner Online GmbH
      AS213230
      IRR Parent Valid
      ROA Signed and Valid
      5.161.102.0/24

DE is where I see it.

Maybe you should check that your software and add-ons are up to date?

? says:

i’ve been seeing this for weeks:

askwoody.olvycloud.com. on 5.161.102.154 i think is is security…

We aren’t in Iran.  It’s located in Virginia.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.

We aren’t in Iran. It’s located in Virginia.

And we are all glad for that!!

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Sales and takeovers of IP block owners, internal company changes and restructures, etc. can all impact on what’s shown for IP addresses. I’ve seen IPs that changed countries, changed continents…

Things change but those changes don’t necessarily get detected/passed on down the line, if/when they do, it may be months or years after the event.

I’ve been blocked from using BBC’s iPlayer because my fixed IP address was allocated from a block assigned to a subsidiary in the EU.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I’m in Ireland and occasionally some sites think my Vodafone connection is in the US because they got a block of IPs that was previously from there. I’ve also seen Virgin Media connections using IPs formerly allocated to Austria and Poland. It can take a long time for databases to update; in the case of Virgin Media it was over a year.

We aren’t in Iran.  It’s located in Virginia.

Under US (and 14Eyes) jurisdiction 🙂

I live in the United States.  Thus having the server in the Country that the bulk of the users are in is what is recommended for hosting.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Thus having the server in the Country that the bulk of the users are in is what is recommended for hosting.

Many secure VPN services would disagree moving their servers away from 14Eyes countries.

We are a real hotbed of subversion here, so I’m very worried about where it’s hosted….

cheers, Paul

Viewing 6 reply threads
    Reply To: FoxFlag shows AW server in Iran

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: