News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Freeware Spotlight — O&O Lanytix

Home Forums AskWoody blog Freeware Spotlight — O&O Lanytix

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Deanna McElveen
        AskWoody_MVP

BEST UTILITIES By Deanna McElveen When showing up at a new client’s small business, the first thing you need to know is where the heck everything is.
        [See the full post at: Freeware Spotlight — O&O Lanytix]

anonymous

I tried out Lanytix.  First, I ran it on my home network.  It collected the data expected.  Then  I ran it on my business network, using the same laptop.  Yeah, it collected data AND COMBINED IT WITH THE HOME DATA!!  I could not find any way to clear the data within the program.  I could not find any data stored anywhere on my C drive.  I could not find any relevant entries in the registry.  I deleted Lanytix from my Downloads folder, downloaded a fresh copy and ran it again.  All the PREVIOUSLY collected COMBINED data was still there.  I scoured the internet for any help.  Nothing.

I absolutely CANNOT recommend this program.

anonymous

When I ran the program it did not detect my modem/router (combined) and any of the switches on the LAN.  Of what earthly use is that?   Aren’t they part of my LAN?

Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

When I ran the program it identified my router, smart tv, receiver, streamer, …

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Freeware Spotlight — O&O Lanytix

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.