News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Freeware Spotlight — Windows Repair Toolbox

Home Forums AskWoody blog Freeware Spotlight — Windows Repair Toolbox

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Deanna McElveen
        AskWoody_MVP

Best Utilities Freeware Spotlight — Windows Repair Toolbox By Deanna McElveen “Why doesn’t someone put all the best computer repair tools into one por
        [See the full post at: Freeware Spotlight — Windows Repair Toolbox]

2 users thanked author for this post.
        bobg2u
        AskWoody Plus

Hi, Something peculiar happened when I used ‘Windows Repair Toolbox’. I clicked ‘Final tests’ -> ‘Quick Check’ and a WebRoot window was displayed. I clicked ‘Agree and Start’. At this point I had to leave the PC for a while. When I came back about 90 minutes later there were over 200 WebRoot windows stacked up. The task bar was unresponsive so I did the three finger salute to pull up the task manager. I then spent the next 20 minutes killing enough WebRoot process so the task bar would respond. At this point I restarted the PC. I have no clue what caused this, but I wanted to make others aware not to leave the window unattended.

bbdokken
        AskWoody Plus

This is terrific! I use many of these tools every day but having them all in one place is so handy.

vincew
        AskWoody Plus

Hi – I tried the toolbox and can’t seem to get it to work. Many of the tools provide an error message indicating the app isn’t downloaded or in the repair tool folder in My Documents. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8940.

Thanks!

Vince

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Freeware Spotlight — Windows Repair Toolbox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.