News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Fresh Instal what to avoid

Posted on Alloneword Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches Fresh Instal what to avoid

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Alloneword
        AskWoody Lounger

I have done a fresh instal of 7 and done the offline sp1 and rollup and i was just wondering what updates i shoul ignore as far as nagging about EOL and telemetry stuff.

• #2171467 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

The telemetry updates to avoid are listed in AKB2000003 at the top.
        EOL nags are KB 4493132 and KB4524752, also in the Dec Rollup (I believe)
        The Rollups have contained the Compatibility Appraiser (telemetry) since Sept 2018.
        AKB2000003 is the list of Group B Security-only and IE11 CU’s – those that have caveats are marked.
        You can download most Group A patches through WU.
        There are two guidelines for updating Group A: here and here to get you started.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2171751 Reply
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

If you are going to use the Monthly Rollup, you don’t need to (or cannot) avoid those side-effects

just disable it

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/2000012-neutralize-telemetry-sustain-win-7-8-1-monthly-rollup-model/

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Fresh Instal what to avoid

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.