News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • From the “Chaos Communication Camp” big “white hat” hackers meeting.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Rumors and what-ifs From the “Chaos Communication Camp” big “white hat” hackers meeting.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Here is an article I have read today in the emailed latest issue of the MIT’s “Press Reader” newsletter:

https://thereader.mitpress.mit.edu/notes-from-the-chaos-communication-camp/

It is a report from a journalist attending the latest “Chaos Communication Camp.”

Excerpts:

I checked out the scene at a burgeoning international conference and open-air hacker party. Here’s what I learned about protecting my privacy online.

The Chaos Communication Camp happens every four years. The trouble is, every four years its attendance seems to double. This year the group that organizes the camp, the Chaos Computer Club, is struggling to accommodate 4,500 camping hackers.

There are many hackers, and they love to hack into things. They can scan and see you anytime they like. Yes, they can get into your email. Yes, also your documents. Anything is possible. He smiles again. Yes, there are also security agencies that send people to this kind of conference, certainly.” (One of the hackers, in conversation with the journalist.)

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS Mojave + Linux (Mint)

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: From the “Chaos Communication Camp” big “white hat” hackers meeting.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.