News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • FYI KB4052623 just appeared / installed ok

Posted on Lawrence Patterson Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge FYI KB4052623 just appeared / installed ok

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lawrence Patterson 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Lawrence Patterson
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello, an FYI that “Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform – KB4052623 (Version 4.18.1911.3)” appeared on my Windows 2016 server updates, during my final checks applying of updates before December’s Patch Tuesday comes around.

I’m posting as that my regiment of typical updates at the last 2 Sundays before the next patch Tuesday comes along, didn’t see KB4052623 last Sunday (though the units updated last weekend, today it shows up ready to apply, along with the typical “Security Intelligence update”) and the last time I’ve noted a similar “Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware” was June 2018 and the same KB#.

And based on a quick Google search, KB4052623 has a bit of an history worth noting (not installing and Dell’s encryption not playing nicely).

Take care,

IT Manager Geek

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: FYI KB4052623 just appeared / installed ok

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.