News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Get MS-DEFCON Text Alerts

Home » Forums » AskWoody Central » Tips for using the Lounge » Get MS-DEFCON Text Alerts

Author
    Topic

Get MS-DEFCON Text Alerts

I got an newsletter from Woody’s with supposedly a link to receive text alerts for MS-DEFCON. On clicking on it, it took me to a site that said I had to be a Plus Member, which I am. It then wanted me to choose a price. I don’t understand this at all. I did then sign in and tried the link again with the same results. Is there a cost for these alerts? Is there a link inside the AskWoody itself? How do I sign up for these alerts?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Cell phone notifications via text: If you are a Plus Member, you can sign up for our SMS text alert service. To cover the extra costs associated with the hosting and SMS service for this exclusive benefit, we ask for a small fee of your choosing. One you have signed up you’ll get a text message whenever the MS-DEFCON level changes.

Susan

MS-DEFCON Automated Alert System

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.1503 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

OK, thank you for that information.

I need to ask. How is it charged? Do you keep my credit card on file? Can I choose a monthly amount and pay it by the year? Sorry, possibly I did get far enough in the sign up process but I don’t see these answers to the point I have gotten so far.

You can pay via paypal, amazon or stripe.  We don’t keep the CC on file but obviously those services have to have something linked in.  It’s charged monthly.  I don’t have a yearly option set up at this time but plan to do so.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: Get MS-DEFCON Text Alerts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.