• ghacks : Benefits and Downsides of using disposable email services

Home » Forums » Cyber Security Information and Advisories » Code Red – Security/Privacy advisories » ghacks : Benefits and Downsides of using disposable email services

Author
    Topic

https://www.ghacks.net/2022/01/17/benefits-and-downsides-of-using-disposable-email-services/

In a world, in which more spam is send out day after day than regular emails, it is mostly up to the individual user to do something about it. Receiving less spam in the inbox means less time wasted on it, and also less of a chance to interact with spam. One way of dealing with spam is through disposable email services…

One of the best defenses against spam is to keep email addresses secret; this does not always work, as it may be sold by services that you signed-up to, may leak on the Internet when a service gets hacked, or may be revealed by contacts of yours, e.g., when uploading their entire contacts list to a service or getting their computers hacked…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

I would like to know of the possible ways to block disposable email addresses from registering in my website.

‘Hide My Email’ (as well as ‘Hide My IP) is build into 1 billion devices running iOS / iPadOS 15.
        Would you like to block 1 billion users on your website ?

You can’t block genuine email addresses even of they are disposable, because there is no easy way to tell the difference.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: ghacks : Benefits and Downsides of using disposable email services

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.