News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Ghacks.net is now owned by Softonic

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer Ghacks.net is now owned by Softonic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex5723 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

b
      AskWoody Plus

Ghacks has a new owner

Softonic’s privacy policy now applies.

It’s difficult to remain optimistic in view of Softonic’s history until about five years ago.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1977556 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Not great news for me, at least, as Ghacks has been one of my main sources of reliable information in recent years — while I have been weary of using Softonic downloads for about just as long.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• #1977572 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Ghacks has been one of my main sources of reliable information in recent years

It was for me too. Martin does promise that Ghacks will remain independent of Softonic with free to publish as usual. I hope it remains so.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Ghacks.net is now owned by Softonic

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.