News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Glary Utilities (Glarysoft)

Posted on Thompson_DK Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Glary Utilities (Glarysoft)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Thompson_DK
      AskWoody Lounger

Does anyone know the company that currently makes and supports Glarysoft? I have tried to verify who and where they are located but without any meaningful success.
      The product is good, and does what some reviewers claim it does, but their base of operation and technical/customer support staff is a real mystery. Is it England, China, USA or ??

• #345130 Reply

anonymous

Are you concerned about their use of users data, is that why you ask this question?

I can only find where site is, have you tried directly asking Glarysoft that question?

• #345346 Reply

Thompson_DK
        AskWoody Lounger

I like to know who supplies and supports software that I use it, especially if I purchase a license via credit card.  Glary is the first software company that I have considered using that is secretive about their company, location and technical support capabilities. For me that is a red flag. As much as I like the product, I chose not to use them. That’s why I asked the forum. Am I paranoid?

• #345434 Reply

anonymous

Am I paranoid?

No. I was asking you just to be certain that was the reason for your post. The site is served somewhere inside the state of Virginia. (That information was verified by using the Flagfox browser extension) 🙂

• #345142 Reply

BobbyB
      AskWoody Lounger

Try this link its a little out of date: http://www.faultwire.com/publishers/glarysoft.html
      I have used it for a while its a really handy little utility but has updates almost weekly which is a pain and seem to bring no useful discernible improvements so I usually remove the start up task and remove the Task Scheduler Task to get round all the persistant nags to update. Would be nice to know more about the company though they have seemed to fly under the radar for the most part. Took me quite a bit of Googling to find the above address.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #345143 Reply

anonymous

Ah, another thought after finding this Reason Labs link. Have you personally checked an Glarysoft executable file’s properties dialog for a Digital Signature tab?

• #345177 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

Glary

I just started using it about 3 weeks ago but if it’s Chinese, I may reconsider.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

Attachments:
      • #345200 Reply

anonymous

You have to pick one and click details to read the rest of it.

• #345347 Reply

jabeattyauditor
      AskWoody Lounger

Does anyone know the company that currently makes and supports Glarysoft? I have tried to verify who and where they are located but without any meaningful success. The product is good, and does what some reviewers claim it does, but their base of operation and technical/customer support staff is a real mystery. Is it England, China, USA or ??

The Terms of Use found on their site says (in part):

GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:  These terms and conditions hereof will be governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #345395 Reply

CADesertRat
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the info, I guess that I will be getting rid of Glary although I like it as an alternative to CCleaner which has Ad pop-ups now that they were bought out. I guess I will be stuck with CCleaner as a cleaning tool.

• #345423 Reply

Microfix
          Da Boss

@cadesertrat why not give bleachbit a whirl?
          No background stuff (IP phone home/ads) other than your permission to update the winapp2.ini file which can be switched off, it’s clean and does a mighty fine job in my experience on linux and windows.

New version released v2.2: 03/20/2019

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

2 users thanked author for this post.
          • #345435 Reply

CADesertRat
            AskWoody Plus

@microfix

Thanks for the suggestion but that looks like a whole new learning curve as to how to clean things “Safely” without eliminating things that are needed. Thanks for the link and I will have to study it further, as the last thing I want to do is have it take out something that I actually need on the computer.

The only thing CCleaner is good about is the simple interface and it is pretty safe to use as far as the easy selections for deletion.

• #345455 Reply

anonymous

It is similar to CCleaner, you can secure erase or simply delete all data created by picking a program or select the specific type data.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Glary Utilities (Glarysoft)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel