• Gmail accounts

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Author
    Topic

This is the closest forum I can find for my question. Isn’t email a ‘social media’? The earlier form? 🙂

Some years ago I got a Gmail address to go with a blogger.com account, but this never went anywhere. Later, I setup some other Gmail addresses for more practical uses, like my banks and online shopping. Now, I’d like to get rid of the old blog-related address because I hear Google will only allow 4 addresses to be associated with a single phone number. (Is this true? If not that might solve my problems…) It looks like they require a verification phone number for all email addresses now, so just setting up a new address without one is not possible.

When I have tried to delete this initial address, it warns me that a huge number of ‘conversations’ will be deleted. Far more than could possibly have been associated with this original address. I barely used it. Is there some sort of ‘consolidation’ of all Gmail addresses on  single Google account? The thing is, I used separate passwords to create each of these addresses. They are called “accounts” when  log into them. And yet they seem to be linked by the verification phone number. Is it not possible to delete only one address from a group associated with a particular phone number? Or is it possibly the very first address that is associated with the full account? I do NOT want those other addresses deleted. They are now very important. But that first address is a problem. Is there a way to get rid of it without losing the others?

Reply To: Gmail accounts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.