News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Gmail Settings Changed Jan02-21

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        WSTerryGH
        AskWoody Plus

I was originally going to post here in early January when I was experiencing major problems with Gmail passing on emails to my main Outlook 2010 account, but from other sources I learned that the problem was that Gmail settings were changed.

What I eventually discovered was that in the Settings/”Filters and Blocked Addresses” many of my key sources had been added to go to the delete folder.  For example I have numerous daily updates from the Washington Post website and they were all being sent to the delete folder.  So once discovered, and removing the “move to delete” settings, all was well.

Now that my Gmail and now Outlook email is working as before with no problems, my question is if anyone else had a similar problem at the first of the year?

It is not a critical question since I know now what to look for if my regular emails are blocked,  but am wondering if others have run into the problem where the filters in Gmail were changed without permission, so to speak.

As an aside since I have been sober for 18+ years, I am pretty sure it wasn’t my going crazy over New Years that resulted in this problem  — then again I am honest enough with myself today to know that anything is possible, though I hope to learn there was some mysterious Google process that created this problem 😉

Thanks … TerryGH

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Gmail Settings Changed Jan02-21

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.