News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Google Chrome patched Two Zero-Day vulnerabilities that are exploited

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Other browsers Google Chrome patched Two Zero-Day vulnerabilities that are exploited

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/09/14/update-google-chrome-to-patch-two-zero-day-vulnerabilities-that-are-exploited-in-the-wild/

Google released a security update for the company’s Google Chrome web browser on September 13, 2021. The update is already available and most Chrome installations should receive it automatically thanks to the integrated updating functionality….The latest version at the time of writing is Chrome 93.0.4577.82 Stable.

Google’s official post on the Chrome Release blog reveals that 11 security issues are fixed by the update. 9 of the 11 issues are listed on the page, and they all received the severity rating of high, the second highest after critical.

The two vulnerabilities CVE-2021-30632 and CVE-2021-30633 are mentioned specifically by Google, as they are exploited in the wild.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Alex5723.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks, Alex, I just had those patches installed by launching Chrome, that is set to automatically update (when I have it running, that is not that often).

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
        Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
        Waterfox "Current" and (now and then) Chrome. also Intego AV and Malwarebytes for the Mac.

Michael Austin
        AskWoody Plus

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

Oscar, you’re my hero 😉 and I aspire to eventually come to the dark side (Apple) for my own machines. I now support one desktop on Yosemite, and two PCs on Windows 10 (one’s a touchscreen convertible laptop), three phones running iOS 14.x, and an antediluvian iPad 2 which I’d bought new but never use any more.

Finance, social and tech founder. Managing director of new crowd sourced games in pre-release development. Director on a new consortium to bring fractional ownership of heritage antiquities to the blockchain. My planet-wide talk show for people craving new stories by which to live is Casual Saints.
          OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

SoulRider: Aw, shucks!

The dark side is always open to you!

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
          Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
          Waterfox "Current" and (now and then) Chrome. also Intego AV and Malwarebytes for the Mac.

mjohnson007
        AskWoody Lounger

We have been getting reports from some of our users that the new Chome update is causing the browser to be slow to responda and jittery.  The user PCs have no issues local apps run fine and apps that use the internet behind the scene all work with no issue.  Only when using the browser.  Anyone else hearing of this?

Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

I am running Chrome betas for years, now on Version 94.0.4606.54 which is final today, with no slow downs…

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Google Chrome patched Two Zero-Day vulnerabilities that are exploited

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.