News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Google One : Free iOS Automatic Backup

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS Google One : Free iOS Automatic Backup

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 hours ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

The service is free for anyone with a Google account.

iPhone backup will count against the 15GB free space offered by a Google Account

..if you have an iPhone, we’re introducing a new iOS app that lets you store photos, videos, contacts, and calendar events with Google. Start backing up your phone with the Google One app, and save the stuff you care about using the free 15 GB of storage that comes with your Google Account. If you break, lose, or upgrade your phone, you can rest easy knowing that your data is safe in the cloud.

(via http://www.iphonehacks.com/)

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Alex5723.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2284075 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

IMO that’s out of the frying pan, into the fire..
        Anything free from google is at a cost, no matter how good it looks on the surface.
        I would stick with apple, even if it does cost money for more space.

| Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 | Win7 Pro x86/x64 Offline |
        • #2284180 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

The big question – Is Google to dump Google Drive, Google Photos (unlimited storage) …?

I backup all my photos to Google photos. Quality is good, storage is unlimited, price is just right 🙂

• #2284347 Reply
          Michael Austin
          AskWoody Plus

Yes. And no. This thread caught my attention because iTunes mediocre reliability in synching my phone with its usual Windows 10 box has broken. So now I’m hunting alternatives to iTunes and Apple to back up and sync everything on my phone.

Finance, social and tech founder. My new, planet-wide talk show, Casual Saints, is happening.

• #2285473 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Is this needed for paid G Suite for Business users?

Nathan Parker

• #2287298 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Confirmed this is only for consumers, not G Suite Business users.

Nathan Parker

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Google One : Free iOS Automatic Backup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.