News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • GPedit in Home Premium?

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 GPedit in Home Premium?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  EP 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

When I (just) got my new laptop, I also ordered Win 10 Pro, because that was and is what I am used to.  What they installed and sent was Home Premium.

Is there any way to run GPEdit.msc on Home Premium?  I’ve seen a couple online ideas, none of which seemed to work.

Chuck Billow

• #1738831 Reply

RockE
      AskWoody Plus

Did they give you a reduced price? Send it back or complain until they give you a free OS upgrade.

Image or Clone often! Backup, backup, backup, backup......
      - - - - -
      Home Built: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek HD Audio

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1738980 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Woody tweeted about @martinbrinkmann‘s ghacks.net’s article on this at the start of this year:

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1739926 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

What they installed and sent was Home Premium

I wonder. There no no Windows 10 Home Premium. There is however Windows 7 Home Premium.
      What version of Windows do you have ? run winver.

• #1746381 Reply

CWBillow
        AskWoody Plus

Winver just told me Windows 10 Build 1809.  I think though that you are correct and that I was remembering Win-7.

Chuck Billow

• #1746459 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

there is “Windows 10 Home” or “Windows 10 Core” which are Win10 equivalents of Win7 Home Premium

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: GPedit in Home Premium?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.