News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Graphics Driver After recent update

Posted on hhodges Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Graphics Driver After recent update

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  hhodges 2 weeks ago.

• Author

hhodges
      AskWoody Plus

Older HP box with an i3 processor, Intel HD graphics.  Recent update apparently rebooted overnight affected the graphics almost like one channel died,  Colors weird, vertical lines in solid color areas.  I thought the card or monitor had failed.  Rebooted, no help.  Went to the HP site for drivers, got redirected to Intel.  Finally found some WIN8 drivers after finding WIN10 drivers failing installation.  Ignored the warning about overwriting newer drivers.  System back to normal.

I have the machine set to wait on updates as recommended by Woody.  So far been OK but whatever Microsoft updated this weekend wasn’t kind.  Admittedly this machine is old (2011) obsolete, designed for WIN7 or Win8, but WIN10 had been working fine.

Should anyone else encounter weird graphics on older hardware, the driver might be at fault.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Graphics Driver After recent update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.