News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Gremlins again – various roles are bumping up and down

Home Forums AskWoody blog Gremlins again – various roles are bumping up and down

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        admin
        Da Boss

Transitions are so much fun. We just imported a whole bunch of new members, to hook them up to the Plus Membership/subscription software. In the proce
        [See the full post at: Gremlins again – various roles are bumping up and down]

6 users thanked author for this post.
      • #308582 Reply
        Steve S.
        AskWoody Plus

“Hang on, Radar!”

Win7 Pro x64(Group B), Win10 Pro x64 1909, Win10 Home 1909, Linux Mint + a cat with 'tortitude'.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #308588 Reply
        ch100
        AskWoody_MVP

If you believe or have confirmation that certain previously broken functionality should work now, try refreshing the browser by keeping the Shift key pressed at the same time.

• #308591 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

So far, over the last several days, I have only noticed an occasional and minor slowing down of the current site and no other problems at all.

So, as far as I am concerned, Woody and helpers can still take their time to get the refurbished site properly setup before it goes live.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

3 users thanked author for this post.
        • #308667 Reply
          Chris B
          AskWoody Plus

OscarCP – I wholeheartedly agree.

Chris
          Win 10 Pro x64 Group A

• #308627 Reply

Better to take your time and have it done right, especially with all He** busting out around you, what with corrupt patches, etc. A little like trying to overhaul a vintage Swiss watch in the back of that “jumpin’ jeep”!

quality-triangle-small

Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit ESU, Dell Latitude E6330, Intel CORE i5 "Ivy Bridge", Group "Patch List", Multiple Air-Gapped backup drives in different locations, "Don't auto-check for updates-Full Manual Mode." Linux Mint Greenhorn
        --
        "A committee is the only known form of life that has at least six legs and no brain."

-Robert Heinlein

Attachments:
      • #308619 Reply
        anonymous

Earlier issues with my logged in account not seeing any replies and unable to post seem to be fixed.

Seems like any large project takes a small amount of bleeding before it works right, hope your’s is mostly past that phase!

• #308620 Reply
          NetDef
          AskWoody_MVP

. . . or not?  Hmmmm . . .

Trying to remember if I actually logged in for that last post!

~ Group "Weekend" ~

• #308659 Reply
        Anonymous
        Inactive

Appreciate the Grateful Dead reference.

Zig

• #308670 Reply
          woody
          Da Boss

Perhaps surprisingly, Ed Bott is the most knowledgeable Deadhead I’ve ever met.

• #308671 Reply
          Woody As an _MVP
          AskWoody_MVP

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me,

Other times I can barely see.

Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been

• #308779 Reply
            Lars220
            AskWoody Lounger

Woody, thanks for all you do! Be careful and stay vigilant, keep a watchful eye on that overhanging ‘Sword of Damocles’ –

“Right now I’m juggling about two hundred spinning plates, while staring up at the Sword of Damocles.”

Automatic Date Insertion Suggestion

Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Gremlins again – various roles are bumping up and down

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.