Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Group B and Telemetry in Windows 7

Posted on windows7forever Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches Group B and Telemetry in Windows 7

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  windows7forever 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

windows7forever
      AskWoody Lounger

My Windows 7 Pro has all the Security Only Quality Updates and all the .NET Framework 3.5.1 Security Only Updates through January 1st. (I do not use Office or later versions of .NET Framework.)

It also has as much potential telemetry turned off as I could find settings for –

The Customer Experience Improvement Program setting is “No, I don’t want to participate in the program”

The Problem Reporting setting is “Never check for solutions (not recommended)”

The Windows Update setting is “Never check for updates (not recommended)”

The tasks in the following folders are disabled in Task Scheduler:
      Application Experience
      Autochk
      Customer Experience Improvement Program
      Offline Files
      PerfTrack
      Shell
      SideShow
      Windows Error Reporting

Under these conditions, a 25 hour test showed that Windows only contacted Microsoft servers four times – ctldl.windowsupdate.com once, ww.msftncsi.com once and crl.microsoft.com twice.

None of these three servers collect telemetry data.

Windows7 Forever

2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Group B and Telemetry in Windows 7

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.