Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Group B update problem

Posted on OllieBear Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 8.1 Questions: Win 8.1 (and Win 8) Group B update problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

OllieBear
      AskWoody Lounger

I’m in Group B and followed the instructions on applying updates from the Info World article. Trouble is, when I try to do the second part and run Windows update to get the missing stuff for Office etc, it just keeps on searching. The record is 10 hours so far.

Any tips?

OB

• #82425 Reply

ch100
      AskWoody MVP

Windows 7?
      Use the information here
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3200747
      Download and install manually before doing anything else, one at a time:
      KB3020369
      KB3172605
      If it takes a long time, disconnect from the internet only while installing the patches.

EDIT (taking in consideration Kirsty’s note and for reference, for more general use).
      The instructions here http://wu.krelay.de/en/ apply to various versions of Windows and are the best you can find anywhere else on the web.
      For Windows 7 it is enough what I posted above, which is also known on this site as “Canadian Tech’s method” because it was promoted actively on the Microsoft Answers site by @Canadian Tech, one of Woody’s MVPs, before Microsoft published their KB article 🙂

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  ch100.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #82434 Reply

Kirsty
        AskWoody MVP

Probably Windows 8, on this page 🙂

• #82586 Reply

ch100
      AskWoody MVP

this seems to be an older thread imported from the previous version of the web site

I think this is one of the shiny new pages @woody initialised yesterday, looking at the location.

Thanks Kirsty.
      I updated my post to cover Windows 8/8.1 and Vista for those interested.

• #82588 Reply

Kirsty
        AskWoody MVP

It’s good to see that it applies to more than just one OS, and I know that krelay.de link will be helpful (I’ve used that one myself, in the recent past).
        Cheers.

• #83873 Reply

anonymous

Try this abbodi86 reply for my query here which would surely fix the issue:
      https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/what-you-need-to-know-about-todays-14-security-bulletins/#post-23429

More clarification/queries on this, read here, here, here and here.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Xi

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Group B update problem

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.