News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Grouping Windows Store Apps in Win10

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Grouping Windows Store Apps in Win10

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        PaulB
        AskWoody Plus

I have a number of games that I have bought from the Windows Store. The shortcuts for these games are now scattered alphabetically throughout the Windows Start Menu. Is there any way of creating a folder for these games on the Start Menu and then putting the shortcuts in the folder?

• #2265360 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus
        • #2265600 Reply
          PaulB
          AskWoody Plus

When I followed those instructions the Windows Store Apps weren’t listed.

• #2265627 Reply
            b
            AskWoody Plus

Sorry, I missed “Store” (twice!)

If you create a new folder at;

%appdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs

then you should be able to drag/drop or copy/paste Store apps to that from;

shell:appsfolder

1 user thanked author for this post.
            • #2265932 Reply
              PaulB

I have had a quick look at what you have suggested, but will that mean that I will then have two shortcuts for the games (the original plus the one in the new folder)?

• #2268297 Reply
              PaulB
              AskWoody Plus

I have now done as you suggested. It did work as I thought it might – giving me two links but at least I now have a folder where I can go straight to a game without a lot of scrolling. Thank you for your help!

1 user thanked author for this post.
              b
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Grouping Windows Store Apps in Win10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.