News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Has the 1809 download been removed? I can't find it anymore.

Posted on Tchalms Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update Has the 1809 download been removed? I can't find it anymore.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Elly 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Tchalms
      AskWoody Plus

All of Microsoft’s links for the latest Win 10 updates take me to the May 2019 Update. I want to download 1809, but I can’t find it anymore.

• #1739488 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

but I can’t find it anymore.

Try with MediaCreationTool1809.exe : http://software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/MediaCreationTool1809.exe

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1869119 Reply

Tchalms
      AskWoody Plus

Well, rats! That didn’t work. The MediaCreationTool1809.exe installed 1903.

I know it’s been over a month, but, hey, I’ve had too much to do – like moving and higher priority work. So I finally got back to that system. It was running 1803, and I really didn’t want 1903 and it’s troubles.

The  Windows Updates settings page said that 1903 was ready to install, but I ran the MediaCreationTool1809.exe and 1903 installed anyhow. It seems like it’s running OK for now, but the test will come in a few days when employees start clocking in and out on it. It’s a Slate tablet on a wall mount by the back door.

We shall see.

• #1870127 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

Try Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool from Heidoc. It should allow you to specify a particular version.

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Has the 1809 download been removed? I can't find it anymore.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.