News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Hasta la vista, TeamViewer Free

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Hasta la vista, TeamViewer Free

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        RetiredGeek
        AskWoody MVP

Well this was the last straw. After having TeamViewer constantly accuse me of violating the Free Use terms, can I help it if I have a lot of tech challenged relatives and friends, now they send me a new EULA that states to use the free version I have to accept advertising in the app, allow them to collect information to target the advertising, and be logged into a TV account.

Well the title says it all. I’ve been using MS Quick Assist and even though it isn’t as feature packed it does get the job done and it is easy enough to get those tech challenged people to get the process started.

So I will no longer be recommending TV to people either the free or paid version (yes I do have friends who still work!) your loss TV!

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
        Computer Specs

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Hasta la vista, TeamViewer Free

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.